We understand that Ping Pong (Table Tennis) is played with several different rules throughout the world and even just Sacramento. This is how we play in the Timeless Thrills® Ping Pong League. House rules, no exceptions. However, we are always open to suggestions that can be debated among league players. Please bring up any suggestions at each tournament and they will be decided then and there.
- Our tournaments are made of 10 players at a time.
- When each tournament fills you can join the waitlist. As a "wait-lister" you are advised to show up to the tournament as if you are registered. That way if we have last minute no-shows you will be entered into the tournament accordingly.
- Players will be seeded based on their power ranking score. If you are not in the Top 10 or "On the Brink" you will be seeded based on the order you signed up (sooner = higher seed • later = lower seed). Bracket will be seeded once all 10 spots fill.
- Each tournament is double-match elimination, bracket style play.
- Each match starts with a traditional rally for serve. Winner of rally gets to choose side of table OR to serve first. Loser of rally gets unchosen option.
- Each match is played to 21 points while rotating serves every 5 points. You must win by TWO POINTS in each match.
- You can get SKUNKED in our league. If you fall behind 7-0 or 11-1 you have officially been SKUNKED and the match is over.
- You get unlimited LETS on your serve.
- We DO NOT play "paddle points." If you stop the ball from flying through the store with your paddle on a shot that was obviously not landing on the table, you won't be charged a point.
- We DO NOT play the walls, lights, rafters, or any other funny bullshit. The table is the table is the table.
- We understand there will be down time between some of your matches. However, we need to keep the tournaments moving so we can finish in good time. If you are not present within three minutes of your next match you will forfeit.
- If we change a tournament date and you were already signed up but cannot play on the new date, you will still receive your 5 points for participation in that tournament.
- If you are registered for a tournament and you do not show up on the day of, you will lose 5 points toward your power ranking score. If you need to drop out, please let us know AT LEAST 24 HOURS prior to the tournament to avoid being docked 5 points.
- Personal paddles are always welcome.
Power Ranking Points Criteria:
- Tournament Victory (12 points).
- Tournament Runner-Up (6 points).
- Tournament Entry (5 points).
- Tournament 3rd Place (3 points).
- Match Wins (2 points).
- Skunks (1 point).